- Eating a very nutritious food to nourish your skin condition from inside and out. This recommendation can benefit your baby as well. By taking your prenatal vitamins and other healthy supplements is a natural method for stretch mark removal. Eating an appropriate amount of calories from other nutritious foods will replenish your skin condition. Foods which are high in protein and calcium are advisable. Whole grains, vegetables, and fruits rich in vitamins can be helpful as well.
- Drinking of at least 8 or more glasses of water. Fluids can hydrate your skin. This can also maintain the elasticity of your skin. Make sure to follow the recommended weight gain during pregnancy. Hence, you need to take special precautions in drinking water. You should have at least 23 to 35 pounds more that for your ideal body weight. You need to increase your weight if you are underweight or expecting twin babies. Otherwise, you must lessen your intake if you are overweight. The more you gain weight, the more chances of having pregnancy stretch marks.
- Using moisturizer for your belly, lower back, legs, thighs, side, breasts, and other parts which you think you will get pregnancy stretch marks. Perform this at least once in the morning and at night. Creams and lotions are not medically proven to help you on how to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. Since this can’t penetrate into the deeper part of the skin layers. This is where the stretch marks can occur. However, this substance can help you to feel less itchy and dry. Proper exfoliation of the skin and using best stretch mark cream can also promote healthy and invigorated skin growth. Using of Shea butter, cocoa butter, and almond oil are the best options on how to get rid of stretch marks. You can also use wheat germ oil and pure lanolin. The Zenger’s Stretch marks is one of the best stretch mark cream that are available in the market. It has high concentration of glycogen acid and other medicinal extracts from plants that help you on how to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. It can also prevent stretch marks during pregnancy that causes itching and irritation.
You can also continue these practices after you deliver the baby until you achieve your targeted weight. Remember that a rapid weight loss can be resulted into stretch marks.
Tips and recommendations to prevent pregnancy stretch marks
- The moisturizer that you use must be natural, effective, and safe for yourself and your baby’s health. Using natural substance such as olive oil, cocoa butter and vitamin E creams are considered as best stretch mark cream for pregnant women. You need to squeeze the contents and mix it with other ingredients. You can now apply this to your skin.
- You should also consider consulting your doctor. Visiting your OB Gyne and dermatologist can give you some helpful recommendations on how to get rid of stretch marks.
- Wheat germ oil is another natural method for stretch mark removal.
- As much as possible you need to avoid over exposure to sun and other tanning booths. Using of sunscreen can be helpful but you should understand that this item has chemicals that might harm your baby’s development. So we highly recommend you to use clothing or other protective outfit when you go outside.
- Don’t let your skin dry. Hot showers and cold weather can dry your skin. You can use moisturizer at least two to three times a day during the winter season or before taking hot showers. You can also use this before going outside. You can apply baby oil after shower. Just make sure to pat dry the excess water before applying it. Allow the oil to soak into your skin then apply the moisturizer.
- Another stretch mark removal option is cocoa butter. There are common brands which are available in the market. It can be solid or hard therefore you need to grate it using a cheese grater or micro plane then boil until it liquefies. Let it warm and apply gently onto your skin.
- Use Bio oil as another option on how to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. This can lighten the stretch marks until it fades and you will notice a shiny white skin.
- There are best stretch mark cream and lotion that can improve your skin tone and makes your stretch marks unnoticeable.
These recommendations are considered effective and safe. We advise you to choose natural method of preventing stretch marks while pregnant instead of chemicals. You can also talk with your dermatologist for more advance technique after your deliver your baby.