Dark circles under the eyes during pregnancy
People believe that our eye serves as the window to our soul. It is our way of seeing things differently and looking at sightings that can calm ourselves. Many pregnant women are used to this scenario but several soon to be mommy are troubled with these dark circles under eyes. It sounds absurd but they need to take considerations on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes. This article will provide you with information regarding this eye problem.
What causes dark circles under eyes?
Drooping of the eye lids must be treated. These dark circles are very common to both adult women and men. However, children who are very stressful and anxious can also suffer from this condition. This is not a dangerous manifestation but it so unbecoming for pregnant mother to have dark eye circles. They find it very unattractive and uncomfortable. Most of the time, they are looking for dark circles under eyes treatment and others may settle with concealers.
The dark circles under eyes are due to various factors. It includes lack of sleep and fatigability. There are some common causes of this manifestation that can affect the well-being of a pregnant woman.
- Aging process. As the women grow older, the skin under their eyes becomes hollow. The shadows casted from the droopiness of their eye lids the skin under it becomes darker. Due to activity of pregnancy hormones, the body responds by making physiologic changes. This is related to the elastin and collagen which strengthen your facial muscles and tissue. If pregnant women loses or lacks protein, the elasticity of their face becomes weak. This can lead to the prominence of dark veins which are located under their eyes.
- Nasal Problems. Nasal stuffiness which is brought by stimulation of pregnancy hormone is not unusual during pregnancy. However, this must be treated immediately. Any congestion to the nasal passages can cause the veins from your nose to the eyes to become dark. This can lead to dark circles under eyes.
- Exposure to sunlight. Aside from the stimulation of pregnancy hormone to the melanocytes, skin which is overexposed to sun can stimulate the secretion of melanin. This substance is responsible for the skin pigmentation. Once the pregnant woman is exposed to sunlight, eventually dark under eye circles appear.
- Familial factor. This condition can run from one generation to another. Therefore it is very possible for people to pass this characteristic to their successors.
- Lifestyle. Although this is not common to pregnant women, but smoking and drinking alcohol can cause the formation of this condition. Stress is another factor that can contribute to the appearance of dark circles.
Preventing dark circles under the eyes
There are two opposing force for this issue. The negative one is related to the occurrence of this condition. This eye problem appears faster than they disappear. However, it only needs to have a better and succeeding good sleeping pattern to remove this problem from your eyes. The good thing is, there are available dark circles under eyes treatment which are simple and easy to use.
- Elevate your head when sleeping. You need to add extra pillows or other comfortable clothes under your head before you sleep. This can reduce the chance of having your blood to accumulate under your eyes while sleeping. It is one way on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
- Using of collagen boosting cream. One of the effective and best dark circle eye cream are those which has Vitamin A and C. These essential vitamins promote production of the collagen. Therefore we recommend you to buy face or eye creams that have these vitamins as part of the active ingredients. You can also use eye cream for dark circles that has natural ingredient such as grape seed oil or green tea. These two natural items are known to strengthen the capillaries of your eye.
- Taking of antihistamine is another method on how to get rid of dark circles under eyes. If the problem is due to allergy, then taking this medication is a possibility. However, you need to ask your doctor for some recommendations because these drugs can affect the development of your unborn baby.
- Cold compress is another helpful tip for treating your eye problem. Apply cold compress in the morning. Let it stay for few hours. You can also use green teabag or chilled spoon and place it above your eyes.
- Using of cucumber is another natural way of treating dark circles. This is very effective if applied at night. Before you retire, you need to place the sliced cucumber above your eyes. Leave it for a couple of minutes then remove. Wash you face gently after applying. There are cucumber creams which are available to provide cooling effect to your eyes.