Under eye bags and pregnancy
Pregnant women are preoccupied with thoughts of labor process and delivery. Aside from this, they are bothered with changes to her physical body. Limitation to her usual activity and changes in family role can also contribute to the anxiety of pregnant women. Most especially if this is her first time to become pregnant they are preoccupied with the thoughts of responsibilities and parenthood. Stress and anxiety can cause bags under eyes. It is because of inability to acquire good sleeping pattern which causes her to strain from various situation.
Adaptability to the changing role of pregnant women can also affect her lifestyle. This can also promote under eye bags and harm their well-being. There are various causes of eye bags that are brought by different external factors. Aside from stress, diet can contribute to the manifestation as well. Eating food which is rich in sodium is another cause.
How to get rid of bags under eyes
There are available home remedies that are used to treat under eye bags. It is very simple and easy to use. Ice cold water is the best method on how to get rid of under eye bags. Cold milk can be used as well. You need to apply these substances over your eyelids. Make sure to keep your eyes close before applying. Allow it to leave for at least 16 to 20 minutes. The cooling effect can soothe your eyes. You can also try using rosewater with incorporation of witch hazel. Apply this substance with cotton and place it above your closed eyes for 16 to 20 minutes. Another natural remedy that can help you on how to get rid of bags under eyes is the Aloe Vera. Using this herb together with juice of cucumber, apply it over your close eyelids and follow the same allotted time for treatment. It is very effective and safe to use.
If stress is the main culprit for the under eye bags then you need to find means on how to prevent stress. Engaging to relaxing activities such as yoga will help you to unwind and achieve a relaxing thought. You can also try aromatherapy that can give you with very essential scents that can promote sleep. You can stay relax by eating healthy foods as well. The bags under eyes cause low self-esteem for pregnant women. It is so unbecoming for them to have these manifestations. However, it is not easy to get rid of it. Applying any bags under eyes home remedy can be helpful but it takes a lot of time and effort before you can totally remove the bags under eyes.
Surgical procedure to treat under eye bags
The only way to fully treat your eye bags is through surgical procedure. It is not required but serves as an option if the condition gets worst. The surgical procedure for treating eye bags is blepharoplasty. It removes extra muscles and fats from your eyelids. This is performed only with severe conditions. It also serves as the last resort for removing extra muscles, skin, and fats around the eyes. The puffiness of your eye makes you look older. The best way on how to get rid of under eye bags is to wake up early and start changing your lifestyle. You need to follow the recommended dietary and healthy activities for pregnant mother.
Steps for preventing bags under eyes during pregnancy
- As much as possible have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Poor sleeping pattern and disturbed sleep can contribute to the development of bags under eyes.
- Elevate your head when you sleep. Using extra pillows raise your head when sleeping. This can prevent extra fluids from accumulating into your eyes and face. You can also raise the upper part of your bed mattress to at least few inches. Always sleep at semi-fowler’s position.
- Another effective way on how to get rid of under eye bags is to apply cold moistened cloth. Do this every morning and place it above your swelling eyelids. Let it stay there for a couple of minutes or until your eyelids can’t feel the coldness of the cloth. Make sure to do this in upright position to allow the extra fluid drip from your lids.
- Using your clean fingers, try to massage your eye lids before you wake up. This is very effective especially to those puffy eyes. Massaging allows you to drain the extra fluids from your eyes.
- Drinking of water for about 6 to 8 glasses of water will help you to fight water retention. Your body consumes sufficient water and prevents from retaining water in the body. Proper elimination of water is promoted if you are living with a healthy lifestyle. Pregnant woman will know how to get rid of bags under eyes by doing aerobic exercises and replenishing her body with sufficient water.
- Using cold potato and tea bags, you can place it over your eyes for a couple of minutes. Place yourself into supine lying position or keep your head elevated while using this approach.
- Aerobic exercises such as meditation can minimize your stress. Reducing the source of stress will help you on how to get rid of bags under eyes. We recommend you to do prenatal workouts along with music therapy. This can perfectly work well with your eye problem.